Modern Software for Controlled Environment AgricultureFind Out More
Who We Are
RedBud delivers modern software for controlled environment agriculture. From pest management to equipment maintenance to task assignment and space allocation, RedBud’s integrated platform was built by growers for growers to improve operational efficiencies, while ensuring regulatory compliance. RedBud was born out of research at The Ohio State University and is backed by an experienced team who understands the complexities of controlled environment agriculture. As a centralized platform that streamlines task management and provides dynamic record-keeping and actionable insights, RedBud helps growers reduce costs, while maximizing crop consistency and repeatable results.
Designed by growers for growers, RedBud saves controlled environment agriculture operators time, resources, money, and can help improve the quality of your harvest. The software provides the head grower, IPM team, maintenance team and business managers full visibility to the operation and the ability to make sure that the daily tasks are completed.
RedBud software is browser-based, delivered as a service. There is nothing to install on your computer.
RedBud provides a full data-driven view of your operation through the growth cycle. This will enable you and your team to make better decisions, resulting in more consistent crops each time while ensuring EPA regulatory compliance.
Stop trying to manage your operation by memory and spreadsheets. Use a tool designed for what you do.
Growers from all backgrounds rely on RedBud software. It doesn’t matter if you work for a large ornamental or produce cultivator, a corporate research greenhouse, or as part of the emerging cannabis market—RedBud is made for you.
- Track all available indoor growth space over multiple facilities.
- Identify the desired environmental conditions, available amenities and equipment in each and every zone, down to the bench level.
- Track variables, such as pests and equipment, in each of your zones and see how they affect crop performance, to ensure that your plants are always thriving.
- Schedule usage of each zone, and each bench within each zone, on a day-by-day basis.
- Use templates as a plant life cycle-focused scheduling tool. RedBud will identify available space within your facility for each portion of the template and will suggest tasks according to your reservations, such as pest scouting or room move assistance.
Pest Scouting and Management
- Record all pest counts and observations in real time and in one place.
- Quickly identify and remediate any issues discovered, and have a usable record over time that demonstrates the impact of control product applications, providing a high level visibility into what is working, and what is not.
- Track trends and patterns, something that is very difficult to do with just spreadsheets.
- Select from a listing of over 200 EPA-approved control products, as well as biologicals and beneficial insects.
- Record and track all control product applications, maintaining a record to satisfy EPA and worker protection compliance rules.
- Assign tasks to your crew, and have a record of tasks which have been assigned, are pending, and are complete, as well as who is responsible for completion of each task.
- Enable your team to communicate important issues to you and other team members.
- End management by sticky notes, intermittent conversations with staff and memory, which take a lot of management time, and usually result in miscommunication and missed tasks.
- Identify critical items of equipment and their maintenance intervals in one place.
- Track maintenance and maintenance events, assign responsibility to a team within your facility or to specific members of your team, and track all the details to ensure productivity and avoid costly down-time.
- RedBud can remind you when regular maintenance is coming up and assist you if an emergency happens.
In the News
Meet the Team
Bob Wiggins, Chairman and CEO, is an experienced software entrepreneur and investor. During his 35-year business career, Bob has served as CEO of two software companies, Legal Anywhere and ProtoShare, and as President of telecommunications company BLT Technologies. Bob has also served as a board member of many technology companies, including Routeware, Veris Industries, nChannel, Cerus Industrial, DealPlanner, Learning.com, Marketsync, and Remote Technologies.
Katie Sentz, Director of Customer Success, has a robust background in both customer service and technology. Her past work experience includes customer service and operations roles at Disney, Hyatt Hotels, and Olive AI, as well as her own meal prep and holistic health coaching business. She's a graduate of Ohio University.
Joan Leonard, Co-Founder, has over 30 years’ experience in the greenhouse industry. As Greenhouse Manager for The Ohio State University, she conceived and built the initial RedBud product. Joan is an expert in indoor growing operations and greenhouse management. She has extensive connections in the industry through her decades of work at OSU, current consulting work to CEA companies and through membership in organizations such as AmericanHort and the USDA Committee on Controlled Environments.
Anoo Solomon, Product Advisor, is an expert on integrated pest management, particularly within the Canadian cannabis industry. Anoo has worked for large cannabis companies, restructuring IPM programs and implementing corporate training programs, as well as working with new startup companies developing IPM protocols, from SOP creation to preventative and corrective maintenance schedules, that adhere to Health Canada regulations.
Mark Zobel, Board member, is an accomplished senior leader who has consistently delivered sustainable growth at large, mid-market and small, entrepreneurial companies. Mark serves as COO of Crimson Cup Coffee and Tea. He has served in senior roles at Contech Engineering (acquired by Scotts Miracle-Gro), R.G. Barry, Brunswick Boats, Blue Ribbon Digital, and The Scotts Company.
Jim Karam, Board member, was founder of Syrus Restaurant Information Services, a leading provider of manager productivity tools and above-store reporting systems in the restaurant industry. Syrus grew to serve nearly 3,000 restaurants and supply chain providers, and was sold to a private equity firm in 2015. From 1990 until 2017, Jim was also an investor, franchise owner, and Board Member for Cedar Enterprises, a franchise organization for Wendy’s. In his role with Cedar Enterprises, Jim was a key strategic and operational contributor to the company’s growth from 18 restaurants to one of the largest privately owned restaurant organizations in the world with over 200 locations. In June, 2017, Jim and his partners completed the sale of Cedar Enterprises to The Wendy’s Company.
We built RedBud to help you. We’re passionate about the industry and passionate about our software. We’d love to show you more.